For updates and notices relating to any special measures implemented for Acorn services and product supply.
Please also check and subscribe to our Twitter for additional updates: @sirlinkalot
Update: 17 June, 2020.
– 📰 OPERATIONS UPDATE ⚙️ » Currently we are continuing at 100% work capability, with all orders/services being fulfilled as normal. As some of our client’s sectors are slowing/reconfiguring during lockdown we have about 25% spare capacity: a great time to onboard new client activity without usual scheduling delays.
Why not take the time to review your production line & inventory space to explore how you can streamline and upgrade logistics services. We are at your disposal.
Update: 27 May, 2020.
– 📰 OPERATIONS UPDATE ❇️ » All issues with supply are now resolved, with operations good. While we are managing through adequate buffer stock, lead time is currently an issue, as suppliers are back on-stream but with limited production (due to social distancing/COVID-shielding). Please allow extra lead time and actioning extra buffer inventory for your production needs.
Update: 12 May, 2020.
– 🚨 Operations update ✅ » All services/deliveries working at 100%. Alternative sources have been found for India supplier shortages (their lockdown situation due for updating shortly, more news if it continues). No other current issues.
Update: 24 April, 2020.
– Servicing and deliveries to clients are optimal. No major issues. Looking at the lockdown easing in Germany as a positive sign, as more manufacturing comes back on stream in that country. UK to follow from May 18?
Update: 15 April, 2020.
– All operations good. New post on COVID-19 and crisis planning takeaways: Navigating choppy waters: COVID-19 & crisis planning
Update: 2 April, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. Acorn continue to supply our Critical Manufacturers as a key supplier and reliable partner to the critical supply chain in the UK.
– Shipments we are awaiting from India are confirmed as freighted before the countries lockdown. We will update if the India curfew extension creates further issues.
Update: 31 March, 2020.
– US/UK exchange rate changes may create pricing issues for certain components. Fluctuations are more erratic than normal due to market sensitivities. As ever we are working to minimise the effects on any client, and will inform directly if a major problem.
Update: 27 March, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. As Coronavirus impacts regions we are continuously planning to work around potential shortages: currently working around any supplies impact relating to the India curfew until 14 April.
Update: 24 March, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. Following UKGOV latest Coronavirus measures, we have in place strict safety protocols, and are meeting ALL client orders.
– Courier deliveries (but not direct deliveries) may take slightly longer than usual due to increased demand.
Update: 17 March, 2020.
Currently we are implementing special measures related to COVID-19.
– Safety details ▸ COVID-19 measures & service update
– Potential issues with Stainless Steel supply for machined components manufacturing (Italy). We are monitoring the situation and will advise as necessary to relevant clients.