For updates and notices relating to any special measures implemented for Acorn logistics services and industrial components & product supply.
Please also check and subscribe to our Twitter for additional updates: @Acorn_IC
Update: 07 January, 2021.
We hope you had a great Christmas holiday & New Year.
We wanted to reassure all our customers that going into 2021 Acorn continue to be open, operational & COVID-secure.
Please be aware:
— All client orders are being met. Continue with COVID-safety measures.
— Consider additional buffer stock & delivery consolidation to minimise contact.
— Brexit-related border & delivery delays are impacting a small percentage of orders. Please factor in an order leadtime of 1 week wherever possible.
Update: 10 December, 2020.
– ⚠️ Notice: Extended leadtime warning as orders surge. Order early.
We are experiencing a large demand for orders as manufacturing bounces back (7% sector increase last month). Please factor in potential leadtime extension for open orders of one week.
We have extended our operational hours to cope with 100%+ increase in orders, due to the recent bounceback in manufacturing demand. Alongside this, we are doing all we can to mitigate issues with product delivery border delays due to Brexit-related disruption.
We will update accordingly. In the meantime, please factor in:
— product order leadtime of 1 week
— order as early as possible (check your demand planning)
— consider additional buffer stock
— monitor Brexit deal/no-deal updates for potential further customs & border disruption
Acorn are up-to-speed and on top of all current import/export regulations and procedures as they currently stand. We have extended operational hours to deal with the current order surge to give the best possible service to our clients as the current environment develops.
We continue to be open, operational & COVID-secure.
Update: 4 November, 2020.
– 🔐 😷 We are: Open, Operational & COVID-secure during the 2nd UK National Lockdown.
We hope all our partners keep safe & productive during the scheduled 4 weeks restrictions from 5 November to 2 December, 2020. Work safe » Government guidance for working safely.
Update: 24 September, 2020.
– Acorn’s move to the new HQ is complete. Our new hours are:
Update: 9 September, 2020.
– Operations & services ongoing while we take the next step in our growth and service modernisation plans, moving to a new HQ in Littlehampton, West Sussex. Learn more.
Update: 6 August, 2020.
– All operations good. We have launched a new major service, Aftermarket service & logistics to help provide OEM clients to add value and revenue with existing customers. Learn more.
Update: 17 June, 2020.
– 📰 OPERATIONS UPDATE ⚙️ » Currently we are continuing at 100% work capability, with all orders/services being fulfilled as normal. As some of our client’s sectors are slowing/reconfiguring during lockdown we have about 25% spare capacity: a great time to onboard new client activity without usual scheduling delays.
Why not take the time to review your production line & inventory space to explore how you can streamline and upgrade logistics services. We are at your disposal.
Update: 27 May, 2020.
– 📰 OPERATIONS UPDATE ❇️ » All issues with supply are now resolved, with operations good. While we are managing through adequate buffer stock, lead time is currently an issue, as suppliers are back on-stream but with limited production (due to social distancing/COVID-shielding). Please allow extra lead time and actioning extra buffer inventory for your production needs.
Update: 12 May, 2020.
– 🚨 Operations update ✅ » All services/deliveries working at 100%. Alternative sources have been found for India supplier shortages (their lockdown situation due for updating shortly, more news if it continues). No other current issues.
Update: 24 April, 2020.
– Servicing and deliveries to clients are optimal. No major issues. Looking at the lockdown easing in Germany as a positive sign, as more manufacturing comes back on stream in that country. UK to follow from May 18?
Update: 15 April, 2020.
– All operations good. New post on COVID-19 and crisis planning takeaways: Navigating choppy waters: COVID-19 & crisis planning
Update: 2 April, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. Acorn continue to supply our Critical Manufacturers as a key supplier and reliable partner to the critical supply chain in the UK.
– Shipments we are awaiting from India are confirmed as freighted before the countries lockdown. We will update if the India curfew extension creates further issues.
Update: 31 March, 2020.
– US/UK exchange rate changes may create pricing issues for certain components. Fluctuations are more erratic than normal due to market sensitivities. As ever we are working to minimise the effects on any client, and will inform directly if a major problem.
Update: 27 March, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. As Coronavirus impacts regions we are continuously planning to work around potential shortages: currently working around any supplies impact relating to the India curfew until 14 April.
Update: 24 March, 2020.
– Operations running at 100%. Following UKGOV latest Coronavirus measures, we have in place strict safety protocols, and are meeting ALL client orders.
– Courier deliveries (but not direct deliveries) may take slightly longer than usual due to increased demand.
Update: 17 March, 2020.
Currently we are implementing special measures related to COVID-19.
– Safety details ▸ COVID-19 measures & service update
– Potential issues with Stainless Steel supply for machined components manufacturing (Italy). We are monitoring the situation and will advise as necessary to relevant clients.