We hold the latest ISO certifications for management and environmental quality.
Our dedication to the highest levels of management and customer service excellence, along with product quality and environmental sustainability, is borne out by our ISO certifications, demonstrating Acorn’s commitment to it's quality and environmental management standards.
We believe we were one of the first in our sector to transition to the latest ISO quality standards, achieving transition registration from 2008 to 2015 edition of both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 in mid 2017.
We have achieved re-certification at our Littlehampton HQ until 2026.
The new ISO standards
ISO 9001:2015 focusses on quality of performance, with a greater focus on servicing both customer needs and expectations.
"ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization."
"Specific sections of the standard contain information on topics such as:
- Requirements for a quality management system, including documentation of a quality manual, document control, and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action.
Changes introduced in the 2015 revision are intended to ensure that ISO 9001 continues to adapt to the changing environments in which organizations operate."